Thread: Delivery road trip

Delivery road trip

So I took the delivery on a road trip to Longview Washington today. According to my odometer it was 210 miles each way for a total of 420 miles.
    She ran, drove, and worked almost flawlessly. I had a minor incident on the way back when I hit a big bump (due to construction) and when the suspension compressed it smashed the fuel pump wire that had unknowingly to me wiggled loose and was hanging down lower than where I mounted it. Anway it caused the fuse for the fuel injection to pop and I coasted off the road. After about 15 minutes of diagnoses I figured it out, swapped the fuse and bang on my way all the way home.
    Now I need to check a few things to double check this but, according to my odometer I traveled 210 miles and when I fueled up the car it took 8.8 gallons. Now if my math serves me right that is about 25 mpg!!!L now major questions, the speedo only goes up to 42 mph right now, does that affect the odometer? Also I have 17" wheels with an outside diameter of about 27". Would that affect my findings??
    Anyway had a blast got some great parts and it was a great day. Dennis this one was for you and thanks for all your trip posts it made me want to go even more.

This is my first rest break. I stopped at the power plant on the canal by Hoodsport.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doghows; April 18th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Another picture. For some reason I can only post one at a time with my iPad?

Here is the delivery crossing the floating bridge over Hood Canal.
    Last edited by doghows; April 18th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

This one I stopped on my side of the hood canal bridge. You can see the white truck pulling in behind me. It was the bridge maintenance truck. They wanted to see if I was ok and to look at my car.
    Last edited by doghows; April 18th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Ok last one. I stopped at the ice cream train right next to Discovery Bay.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Neat trip, Steve. Thanks for the pics!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

This is a good shake-down trip. I still need to do this on both of mine. Real soon now. Still have to put the grille on the wagon and put water back in after draining it a third time, and the Ranchero's driven maybe 30 miles. So many things, so little time.

So was this the guy with the transmissions or was I confused?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    According to my odometer it was 210 miles each way for a total of 420 miles....
    I don't think that means beer...

Yeah, the OD is running off the speedometer, but it may be the needle that is hitting something, though the drive is spinning fast enough to keep the OD reading somewhat OK. That seem a pretty close reading since I think it's about 200 miles from Seattle to Portland. You need to get the dash out and see if there is something obvious with the 42 MPH thing.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"