Thread: Shanty Tavern Show - 9/29

Shanty Tavern Show - 9/29

There's a fun show coming up that I thought I'd mention. We had a really good showing of Falcons last year. If you're into rat rods and rockabilly this is a show you should really enjoy. I'll more than likely go hang out for awhile but will probably ride my motorcycle. I just want to get it out one more time before the rainy season.

Here's some info from the KEXP web site:

Catch the Shake the Shack Hot Rod Car Show at the Shanty Tavern, located at 9002 Lake City Way NE, Seattle Washington on Saturday, September 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring live music from Billy Dwayne and the Creepers, The Killer Saints, The Black Crabs, Mama Tried and The 1, 2, 3, 4’s. The show is open to all vehicles whose owners feel they are special enough to be shown. Trophies, awards and dash plaques will be awarded to top entrants. There is a $10 fee to participate.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'll be there too. I hope to have Lady Bird with me... see my other post why I "hope" to.

Coup
    Coupe - cooper@icebox500.com

'61 Falcon Tudor Wagon
    200 I6, Fordomatic

'66 Econoline SuperVan
    240 I6, C-4 - 8 Door Model

I was thinking it was going to shut down at 5pm like last year (and am inviting my photograpy group to join) - I'll try and swing by if I have time as was a good one last year.
    Last edited by Sedanman; September 26th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

This show seems to be getting bigger every year and there was a nice showing of cars and motorcycles. There was only one Falcon, Julie from the Hell's Belles with her 63-1/2 Sprint Hardtop.

Pat was there, David K. (now living in Portland) and Coupe showed up and I cruised in on my motorcycle. I left just in time to get a few rain drops on my way home.

Hey Pat...any cool photos you could post???

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Ask and yee shall receive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks for sharing the photos, Patrick. I was sorry to miss it, but the rain started here when I was getting ready to head out so I bagged it. Is that your motorcyle, Kenny? It look's good!
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Thanks for sharing the photos, Patrick. I was sorry to miss it, but the rain started here when I was getting ready to head out so I bagged it. Is that your motorcyle, Kenny? It look's good!
    It didn't start raining until 1:30! I guess we're going to have to find an evening car show for you Thor =:-) Yep. That's my 350. Sure was fun riding to the show. It's just the right size for running around the `hood but I've got to swap the rear sprocket for one with a couple less teeth. It's geared a little high for street riding.

Cool photos Pat! Thanks for posting them. That wide angle shot is perfect!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Har Har, Kenny I haven't been making it to the Clearview evening shows this summer, either. I started the summer not driving the bird due to my knee surgery, and never got around to doing the repairs I've wanted to do so it's pretty much stayed covered up an I haven't been prioritizing get getting it out when I have the chance. There's always next year!

I wish my dad would clean up his old dirt bike and ride it or sell it - it's in really nice shape under all the dust.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...7845459&size=s

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman/447838552/

P.S,. - Kenny, I've tried posting photos both ways here - the first using the "all sizes" option on my flickr page method you mentioned in the other thread, and the second with the direct photo link. Why aren't they showing in my post?
    Last edited by Sedanman; October 2nd, 2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

When you write a post, do you use the button labeled "Manage Attachments" that is in the "Additional Options" section? If you scroll down the page where you type in your post or reply, it's the second option down. You can use that to upload photos from your hard drive.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com