Thread: Am I nuts

Am I nuts

I have been reading on this forum about cars being a Sprint or a Futura. I owned a 64 Falcon back in 71. From what I remember it had Sprint badges on it and Futura on it as well. Am I nuts or were there 64 hard tops that was marked as both?Don't remember which way it was marked ,but it seemed like there was a badge on the side of the roof piller and something on the dash.Has my old brain dried up?

Quote Originally Posted by gtaroger View Post
    Has my old brain dried up?
    Not anymore than the rest of us, I'm sure. The Futura/Sprint thing was briefly discussed most recently on Larry's ( "Got to start somewhere" ) thread describing the "tells" you can use to identify them. Because Sprints didn't get their own model code to differentiate it from the Futura (Futuras were available in both Sedan and Hardtops cars, whereas Sprints were only hardtops), and because you can put Sprint badges on Futuras and vice versa, you have to be a detective of sorts to determine whether, after 60 years, you have a real Sprint, or not. And without a/the car in question in front of you, there no way to know. So, rest assured your brain is as normal as it can be (relating to Sprint identification, that is).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"