Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Drag Racing

What a shame, but sort of keeps everything in line with what you saw all along. It is odd how one person can have 3 bad experiences in a row and others, like myself, have had none. I've had them do 4 drive-lines so far without a hitch. Can't begin to figure that one out.

Regardless of how it turns out, and I hope it is finally good, this sort of behavior needs to be made note of in the broader community. I'm thinking, as times get good and they have more work than they need, they think service can suffer - like what's your alternative choice? If there is none, then you need to let others know so, at least, they can keep these sorts of behavior in-line.

Hoping for a positive result!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks for your response, I am sorry I am not available to view due to the nature of

Well, the good news first. I took the car out for a drive and the vibration is gone. FINALLY. It was the driveshaft all along. I am pleased, and a little frustrated that Drivelines NW didn't do their normal "perfect" workmanship.
    I will say, that I have never heard a negative thing about them. The thing that bothers me, is that this has been going on for over a year. Plus, it cost me a bunch troubleshooting. And, I am not sure that the driveshaft didn't have something to do with the other differential going bad. Oh well.
    The Bible tells me to give thanks continually no matter what circumstance I am in. More on that in a minute.
    Now to the bad news. I drove the car on that test trip down to highway 9 where I could get it up to speed. A truck passed me and pointed to the front end. Glanced at my gauges and saw the temp gauge at 250.
    Pulled into the Chevron on 9 and 164th. Boiling over.
    Water was pouring out at the gasket on the thermostat housing/intake. I have allen head bolts there, and one is hard to get at. Just as I was leaving my house, my son said "Dad what is that squealing"? I stopped, got out, but with my hearing loss, higher pitched sounds don't register.
    At the chevron I added water, thought about driving the 7 miles home, but it over heated before I got out of the Chevron.
    Called AAA, waited 2 hours for a tow truck, got home, pulled the fan belt off, and it looks like the water pump is making the noise.
    Now back to God. Most of you know, I believe the Bible and everything in it. I post a lot of items dealing with my beliefs, and hundreds of times I have said, "there are no coincidences" Everything happens for a reason. Both bad and good. My bad thing, is nothing compared to what others in this world are dealing with. So, I give thanks, for my miniscule issues.
    I went in the chevron, to buy a coke. I didn't have much money, so asked the clerk, "how much is this coke" He said $1.71 tax included. I had exactly $1.71. God is so fun sometimes. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The question I have is:

1) Did the soda price get changed to match what you had in your pocket, or
    2) Did what you have in your pocket get changed to the price of the soda, or
    3) Were you led to go buy a soda at this particular store because the cost of the soda was exactly what you had to spend, or
    4) All of the above?

(root beer)
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Drag Racing

Nope, none of the above. My car was at the station on hwy 9 Chevron. I knew I didn't have much money so when I went to the soda dispenser, there wasn't a price on the machine. The teller had given me a 1 gallon jug of water for my overheated car and I asked him how much were the cokes with tax included.
    He said $1.71 and I pulled out the money in my pocket and it was exactly $1.71.
    Some will see that as a coincidence. I see nothing in life as coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.
    Read the books "The Harbinger" and "The Shemitah" by Jonathan Cahn. I would love to go into the specifics of this, but I can't do it, in a small paragraph. But, there are zero coincidences in what is and has happened in history relating to Israel and America. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Drag Racing

Well, it was a fantastic weekend in Arizona. Beautiful warm days around 85. Went to the largest car show in Tucson, put on by the Rotary Club and they know how to do a show.
    Over 400 cars. I won 3rd place in the category 1959-1965 modified cars. Very nice plaque.
    Then today, took the car to Tucson Dragway. Finally got to run the car and it did great. It ran a 13.53 @ 106.44 with street tires. I now know the car will run in mid to low 12's with slicks. Could not hold any traction through 1st and 2nd gear.
    It was a blast and now I will purchase slicks and do it again. We are leaving Arizona Friday to come home. Will really miss the sun, but anxious to be back home. See you soon. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Everything looks good here Larry...

Way to go! At least you have some decent weather to race in. We've just gone through what the weather people were calling "The Big Black." I guess that stood for multiple days of nothing but dark clouds, rain, and wind. It was apropos to describe what the weather was like here. Should be a good week for you to come back to though. Will be sunny and above temps through next Tuesday with only slight chance for showers tomorrow.

What did your brother run in his T-bolt? Hopefully somebody video taped some of this!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"