Wow, it's been two months since I stopped on this project, but got the old rear-end out and the new one up and in this last weekend. Hooking up the brakes now while I await the new brake hose coming from Modesto.

I took measurements of the driveline and took mine and a pull-a-part driveline that was actually the correct length, but needed one end swapped on it, to Drivelines NW in Everett. The guy there was fascinated (and truly amazed) by my previous work on shortening mine from when I did the 4-speed swap. Hey, all I can say is that it didn't shake and saved me at least $251.14 back then.

I figured while I was out dropping things off to have them done (rather than me taking things into my own hands... I'm slacking, I know) I took a core steering box down to Red Head Steering and they (in one day) rebuilt my box. If everything Jay Baker says about them is true, I'm in for a dramatic change when that goes in.

Sadly... as I was under the car this weekend I noted a puddle of water under the engine, so I cleared off the stuff I got stored on the hood and had a peek -- guess I'll be replacing a freeze-plug or five before I start driving it this season. May as well just send the headers off to be coated since I got to pull those off to get to the freeze-plugs. No need to stop while I'm on a roll.