Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1965 falcon futura

joe demoruelle Guest

1965 falcon futura

I'm looking for the clip that holds the visors up on the headliner by the windsheild. it has three screw holes.

There's a so-so one of those in the stuff I hauled up to the swap-meet today. It was Jerry Kirby's from his '65 hardtop. I didn't look real close at it, but it would need rechroming -- as most chrome does that is used. If you want me to pull it out and save it for you, it can be yours for a very small donation to the club, or postage if you're not local.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

joe demoruelle Guest
    Howdy Roger..... the part sounds interesting and I can only hope it will fit.... I have the car in Las Vegas. I'm new here ,but would love to make a donation... not sure what to do though?
    If you'd mail the part to 7130 DeepRiver Cir. Las Vegas ,Nv 89129.... I'd much appreciate it and will pay the postage. Thanks Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can buy a nice shiny new one from Dearborn, at least you could three years ago when i got the one that replaced what Roger has. It would probably cost more to have it chromed than buy a new one. If I remember Roger also has the visors and support rods from the old one which were in pretty good shape.

Jerry Kirby
    '65 Futura

joe demoruelle Guest
    Aloha Jerry do you have an email address for the place in Dearborn. A new one would be best. Not sure what the item is called or what it's parts No. is. Thanks Joe

Hi Joe,

The place was Dearborn Classics Phone 800-252-7427
    Part # SVB100 and the price was $26 but that was about 3 years ago. Check them out on the net @ Dearbornclassics.com

Jerry

Joe,

Dearborn does apparently have this part. Their part number is SVB100: 63-65 Sunvisor Pin Bracket (Hdtp, Conv) Ea 39.95

Their toll-free number is 800-252-7427 and they are in Bend, Oregon.
    web www.dearbornclassics.com

Highway robbery if you ask me, but yeah, probably less than rechroming one. I grabbed the one from the swap meet that Jerry donated and here's a picture of his cleaned up a little. If you've got a driver, it's not too bad shined up a little.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 15th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

joe demoruelle Guest
    Roger I agree... way too much money for my driver. How much to mail yours to the Vegas address and you mentioned a donation..?
    My grille has a hole punched in it and doen't look repairable.. or ? ... but the ones I find on ebay just don't look like mine, even though they say they're for a falcon futura. Any place to locate one? Thanks

Just a couple bucks, I'm sure, to mail it to you.

So it appears the price for a new one has gone up in the past couple years -- but I sense Dearborn Classics is just raising their prices for the sake of raising them. I seriously doubt that part is costing them $5 from China.

The grille, it's the same for all '65 Falcons. The other thing you are missing is the center emblem. On average a good core grille at a swap meet is about $50-75 and the NOS grilles, if you find them, are in the $700 price range. The place I had my grille restored at is called King of Trim in southern California. They charged about $500 to straighten, polish, and re-anodize it. They messed up the first time 'round, but made good on it. If you go to this page on their site you'll see a '65 Falcon grille up high on the peg board.

http://www.kingoftrim.com/PlantTour.html
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

OK... now that I see you have a picture of the car I see it is a Futura wagon and not a Futura hardtop (like Jerry has). Don't know how I missed the picture, but I did. This means the part you have to hold the visors pins is also an integral part of the rear-view mirror bracket. Do you not have a mirror in this wagon? Somebody glue one to the windshield like new cars have? I was a little confused by the "three screws" part, since this part doesn't have three screws.

Unfortunately I don't think I have a spare mirror bracket anywhere around here -- but others may... now that it's a little clearer what you need. There is a guy not far from us here who buys and parts out rotting 64/65 Falcons, so I have to contact him about something else and will ask him about this too - this week.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 16th, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"