Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > General Forums > Tech Talk

Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM
oldford63

Smile Trunk Lock

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the truck lock assembly. Mine works great but the gold part (door) is dull. I have not tried to polish it yet because I am concerned the polish wheel may remove the gold finish. How can I restore the beauty of the gold door? I have seen these truck lock assemblies selling for over $200 and I just cannot afford to buy a new one. Thanks in advance for your time.

Guy
Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Administrator

I had mine plated (along with the birds on the front fenders). It's been 10 years and is finally wearing off in a couple of places on the latch cover. It was actually gold plated by the same place here in Seattle that did the chrome work.

A few years into having them installed, I got into a fender bender and one of the birds got banged up. So I took another pair and painted them with a gold metallic paint and matte clear coat (both rattle can). That actually looks pretty good too. And of course not as hard on the wallet!

Kenny Likins
Ballard, Seattle, WA
www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)