Thread: 8" Rear end?

8" Rear end?

Hey, I think my rear-end is beginning to show its age and thought if I were to upgrade I should do what Kenny did and shove an 8" under there. Anybody know where one may reside?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here's one from craigslist a few days ago. Seems like it would work and an OK price if it's in good shape. Could maybe get the price a little lower but I paid $57 for mine and $150 to narrow. $750 when the smoke cleared.

I would think a `64 and `65 are similar but don't know for a fact.

1964 Falcon rearend - $200 (Belfair)

Reply to: sale-718023284@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-06-12, 6:45PM PDT

1964 Ford Falcon Futura rearend. This is a non-posi 28 spline 8 inch 2.79 gear ratio complete rearend. It worked fine when I removed it. The only reason I am selling it is because I am replacing it with a 9 inch. If you are interested give me a call at (360) 275-7392 or email me. Thanks for looking-Toby

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

4-lug or 5-lug

Kenny,

Didn't you get a 4-lug 8" rear and not a 5-lug? Or did you convert to 5 lug? I somehow thought there was a 4-lug 8" rear that was made for the Falcon... same width and all. Maybe I better do a little more research after I hear from you.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Kenny,

Didn't you get a 4-lug 8" rear and not a 5-lug? Or did you convert to 5 lug? I somehow thought there was a 4-lug 8" rear that was made for the Falcon... same width and all. Maybe I better do a little more research after I hear from you.
    Kenny's came from a four lug Maverick. It was then narrowed to 55.5" which is 1/2" less than stock.

The 64-65 may be a different width. I'm not sure. You should get that one on Craigslist.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

From what I remember, I think the 4-lug Mav is not very common. Maybe only 1 or 2 model years?? I got lucky...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'll check with the guy, but it would be far cheaper to fix mine than to convert it to 5-lug or converta 5-lug to 4-lug - and have the driveline modified. I assume you had to also rework that too? I have already modified my driveline once when I did the 4-speed swap (lengthed it a few inches and did it myself), but if I have to change the yoke that's a different deal altogether. So if it's a 5 lug it might be worth getting if I was going to a V8, but that's not in the plan for now. And as for finding a Maverick. Ha!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"