Thread: Rear seat divider

Rear seat divider

I noticed on Kenny's web site that he put in a metal rear seat divider for a fire barrier in case the fuel tank gets ruptured in a rear end collision. (From looking at his pictures it was amazing his didn't rupture). I am going to install a plate there also. Since my 64 hardtop didn't have the fiberboard panel in it when I stripped it down I was wondering if someone knows how the panel fits. I am attaching two pictures. Does the panel go in the recessed area that you can see in the photo of the upper edge and does it have cutouts that go around the lower rear seat supports? You can see the recessed area again to the right of that support. Thanks Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Larry,

I would forget about the recessed area and make the sheet metal as large as possible to cover all the holes. I took some kraft paper and made a template to make sure it went out to the edges minus about 1/4". I made two cutouts for the top part of the seat where it hangs on the hooks and two holes for the screws that hold the bottom of the top part secure.

I would have made a soft bend on the bottom edge to make it fit better but the material I used was a really hard alloy and would not bend for anything!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)