Thread: Front Disc brake

Front Disc brake

What's everyone running for front disc brakes on falcons? I'm looking to buy a kit but not sure the pros and cons on some of them

Whether you have a V8 or L6 motor may help those who answer. Also whether you want a bolt-on or whether you are OK with swapping spindles.

I know from a bolt on perspective you'll find a kit or two from places like Dearborn Classics and the Scarebird folks, and I know two of us have done the Scarebird route on our 6r's, which more me made a world of difference.

If you are OK with swapping a few parts, like your spindles, you can do a Grenada swap if you have a V8 car. It' though, is not without its pros and cons.

These are the only ones I've looked at so far, but someday I'd like to add discs too.

As for general Pro's and Con's I think that the biggest will be expense. Secon I feel, will be parts availability. I find it appealing to source the kits that use off-the-shelf parts. I know we expect these companies to be around forever (like Wilwood and Baer), but if something fails it's nice to know parts are probably a phone call away, and hopefully local.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have a 63 sprint with 5 lug V8

Crsp if I remember correctly has a nice bolt on kit with new spindles and everything.

If you want really big brakes and have at least 17"
    Mustang steve sells brackets that uses new gt mustang rotors and calipers. Big huge 13" or something like that.

Old school would be Granada spindles and brakes, but with 63.5-64 falcons this swap sometimes has less than desired results. Most common is bumpsteer. Which requires swspping steering parts to 65 falcon.

Scarebird is another bolt braket using your stock spindles. But uses gm calipers.

There are others that make kits as well but I gave you some of the lesser known options.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*