Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Mini-Regional - June 25th, Vancouver, WA

2016 Mini-Regional - June 25th, Vancouver, WA

I thought I would get this thread started and post a scan of the flyer I got in the mail in case somebody didn't receive one. The Columbia River Chapter is sponsoring it this year in Vancouver, WA. Hope to see a lot of you in attendance. We usually get about 50+ showing up and the more the merrier.

I would be interested in a caravan down if anyone is going. We usually meet up off I-5 at the Tacoma Mall Blvd. and S. 56th St. exit. There's a shell station there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Bummer, i wont be able to make it this year..

Take lots of pictures.. and most of all have fun.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Thanks Kenny, I meant to post a similar thread, but just never got to it yet.

There is a certain comfort in a caravan. I'm not sure yet what I will drive down, but always prefer a group. I've got it on my calendar so hopefully nothing comes up.

With it down in Vancouver (uh hum... the Canadian side of Portland - ), we'll need to plan 3-4 hours driving from Seattle.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yup. Thanks, Kenny. I plan to go, but nothing is boiler-plated. Caravanning sounds good to me too. I must not be on their list from 3 years ago (either that or I'm on their BAD list ), I never got a mailing.
    Last edited by SmithKid; April 25th, 2016 at 10:44 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Just pinging this upward as a reminder to the membership.

I'll be bringing only one car, the wagon, to this show. It'll be happier with the long cruise down to Vancouver.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Well this one snuck up quick. Is the plan to meet at that Shell station? If so what time will the departure be.
    I think I'll be good to go, I have a smart phone now and won't miss the time this year how many of you all going?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

We should try to be in Vancouver by 10AM, so however long before that it takes to drive from Tacoma on a Saturday - looks to be about 2 to 2.5 hrs. Means 7:30 AM meet at the Shell station and we have a 15-minute give/take window to head out from there.

Not sure yet who's going to make it. Me, maybe Kenny and Gene. Too far for Jeff, I'm sure. Not sure Larry will be done with his in time. We know Nathan isn't coming over. But anyone who wants to meet up with those who do come, meet at the South Tacoma Mall Blvd Shell Station at South 56th Street - west side of the freeway. 1.2 miles south of Krispe Kreme.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Caravaning sounds good to me, Roger.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Unfortunately it looks like I will need to bow out this year. My wife hasn't had much work for the last 5 months and it looks like she will have to go job hunting. We've been living off one income and savings for awhile and just had a big tax bill. I sold our truck to help pay it and lower our bills.

The Falcon needs a new battery for sure and while the tires don't have a lot of miles on them, they are old and getting cracked sidewalls so I don't really trust then on a 300 mile trip.

So if I seem pretty quiet this year, I'm busy having yard sales, selling stuff on eBay and craigslist, getting a motorcycle ready to sell and generally trying to survive until we have a steady income. Sorry for the late notice but it's just bad timing for me.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny, that is very sad overall. I hope you get things settled soon.

I've been on an extended pay-cut for 4 months now and it's being felt. Business is trying to adjust to a new competitive market and that was step one along with some downsizing. They're now condensing office spaces and moving out of one warehouse (which I felt was long overdue anyway). Kind'a reminds me of the 80's again. Anyway a $50-$100 day is hard to justify sometimes. I still plan to go though as long as it is not just me. I like the comfort of a caravan to make sure we all get there and back... without using AAA.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"