Thread: Just discovered that my Falcon was hit

Just discovered that my Falcon was hit

Last night I was walking to my car and noticed something wasn't right, upon closer inspection I noticed that my Falcon had been hit. The damage is minor (major to me) depending on how you look at it, there is a crease in the metal about a foot long on the driver's side, just above the rocker and forward of the wheel well. It likely happened in the last month or so and not last night as the car has protected parking where I live.

I rarely drive the car, maybe put 500 miles on it in a year, and only drove it a few times in the last few months, really sucks, this is the SECOND STRAIGHT Falcon I've had damaged, one being a one owner super nice near showroom car with original paint that was sideswiped, and then anther time I found a dent in the roof from what was possibly somebody throwing a large jagged rock. On the same car I once found foot prints all over the trunk lid and top of the rear of the car, that car was black, my car I inspected last night is blue.

I have two beater Falcons that are supposed to be my daily drivers, I need to get those on the road, they've been hit many times what with all the bad drivers on the road these days, not to mention people texting and driving.

It just sucks that an otherwise perfectly straight Falcon is now damaged. There was a dent in the trunk lid but since that is bolt on and off I don't really consider that as critical as the other parts of the Falcon that cannot be replaced easily. When cash permits I will see if this can be repaired the old fashioned way, where they straighten the metal perfectly with NO BONDO. Hopefully this isn't a lost art.

Careful where you park your cars out there! I always do my best when parking, NEVER parking near other cars and I'll walk a few hundred yards through a parking lot to a store before I'll park near other cars. Anyway, careful out there...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wilbur; July 7th, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Bummer about the dent

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Careful where you park your cars out there! I always do my best when parking, NEVER parking near other cars and I'll walk a few hundred yards through a parking lot to a store before I'll park near other cars. Anyway, careful out there...

I always try to park at the end of a row and all the way over to the far side. That way it only leaves one side exposed and leaves a little more room between my car and the other guy.

003.jpg

I also added a center-mount brake light to help discourage some goombah from running into me. I remember back in the mid-eighties when they made them standard equipment. You could spot the new cars by their center brake lights. People bought aftermarket center brake lights at auto parts stores and put them on their older cars so that they would not look out of date. I wanted to add one to the Falcon that I had at the time but never got around to it.

Center brake light.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; July 8th, 2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)