Thread: power steering??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

power steering??

I want to convert my 64 ranchero to power stering and different column. I see some have been using a toyota cressida box. Also where someone is making a adapter mount kit for it -just cant locate who? Anyone here converted an early this way?? Thanx

I'm not up on the Toyota version. Here are a few I've seen:

• Mustang II IFS conversion with power R&P (various vendors)
    • RRS or Total Control retrofit power R&P (I have the RRS in my 62)
    • GM style power steering box (see Falcon Cobra for info on this)
    • Flaming River makes a cradle kit with R&P complete kit
    • Stock Ford power steering

Columns can be found in wrecking yards or you can buy a universal from Flaming River or Ididit. (measure carefully - ask me how I know).

There are a lot of ways to skin this thing. You just need to determine how much cutting and fabrication you can or are willing to do vs. just buying a bolt in kit. There are pros and cons to each.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Power steering

Yes i am aware of these -there are some boxes that fit like a late 70's early 80's toyota Cressida bos- all that i have seen is 2 of the boxes mount holes fit exactly with the old standard box in the ranch/falcons & the other mount hole must be drilled in frame. Then just add your new column with rag joint. Im looking for anyone thats done this and what column they also used.Just to know if its an easy bolt in for the car ??Thanx again.

This is what I have, go to www.borgeson.com and look up falcon.not cheap but sure works good....jh

ok for toyota box & use look here =
    http://www.nzmustang.com/newintoold/newintoold.htm
    on item 1.8

Unfortunally there's no price list for the Toyota box. Anybody know how much they wwant for it?

toyota steering box

You get that from the salvage yards

Don't like the idea of a welded pitman arm - but if done right may be OK. You'll only know if it doesn't break. And if it does... well, you'll know then too, but hopefully not while rounding that curve in the mountains over a 500 foot cliff.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"