Thread: Need: 64 fuel tank or race fuel tank, EQUALIZER bar, other parts

Need: 64 fuel tank or race fuel tank, EQUALIZER bar, other parts

I have a 64 Falcon and it needs a fuel tank, new tanks are some $400 with Dearborn Classics and a more affordable $225 with Falconparts but then shipping adds some $40 bucks.

I will settle for a good used tank with fuel sending unit in it but the sending unit isn't a make or break deal.

I also need an equalizer bar for the car, it is 3 on the tree with peanut transmission.

I can buy the equalizer or trade you my 60 through 63 equalizer bar.

I could also use a factory RED steering wheel for a Falcon OR a 65-66 Mustang, I do not care if it is cracked or beat up looking, I just want it to be useable and red.

Write me or call me at 206 414 one nine five seven. Phone does NOT text, only accepts voice calls. Thank you

Wilbur,

You should consider a Mustang tank and relocate the filler inside the trunk. Also, eBay often has good deals on gas tanks - if you do that sort of thing. I think you're going to be into it $200-300 at the least for new.

Can't offer anything regarding the other requests. I have a steering wheel laying around - kind'a cruddy - but its not red. I could paint it red for you! That's how I get them the color I want them to be.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks. One problem I have is the car was hit from behind and I don't think I'll be able to reshape the opening for the tank so I will go for a fuel cell. Problem there is JEGS told me today that they are not compatible with standard Ford fuel lines so I have to research how to make the two dissimilar issues work.

I like factory red steering wheels, I've tried the paint color change, while better than nothing I find a factory red wheel is best.

I have had no luck on those frozen or snapped bolts for the exhaust manifold, I may have to live with it until I have the time to remove the head and let a machinist drill and tap.

Thanks for the input though!

Need: 64 fuel tank or race fuel tank, EQUALIZER

I got my tank on ebay for around $140. Here is a link to one on ebay for $95 and there are others there for a good price with sending unit. Larry

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/196...fuel_tank.html
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker