Thread: new member

spaldingracing Guest

Smile new member

helllo,
    i am a new member of the forum, and wanted to send a picture of my 1960 falcon. i have owned it for 20 years now, it was my first car i bought when i was 15. it now has 54k miles on it, and i am only the second owner. now i am getting started on a restoration as a weekend toy. not a show car, just a clean weekend car. i am looking for a header for the 144 six and tips on where to find some seat covers to get me by till i can afford to re-upholster it. i have a 2 year old, a baby on the way, and a wife....so i cant sped too much....lol. but its great to find a (somewhat) local falcon club.

thanks jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

welcome, thats gonna be a sweet ride, only 54k on it is pretty hard to find. Cant help you with the interior as i am into the late model birds more.

though you could always swap in another seat from something else thats in good shape, at least till you can afford to get yours recovered.

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Nice bird! Do you know if the rearview mirrors were placed on the fenders by the dealer? I've heard some people say they were mounted in different locations since they were optional equipment.

I bought some seat covers from JCWhitney once that looked vintage and fit well in my `62. They were for some buckets I had for awhile before I went back to a bench. They weren't very expensive either and were really durable. Here's a link below.

JCWhitney Seat Covers

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

spaldingracing Guest
    Thanks for the link to the seat covers. And yes the mirrors were dealer installed. I asked about them when i bought the car, because at the time i thought they were in a strange place. boy it takes a while to adjust them...lol. but thanks again and look forward to getting my falcon back out.

Welcome!

Are you looking for a stock exhaust manifold or a header. Clifford Industries 6=8 http://www.cliffordperformance.net/ makes both a 6-into-1 and a 6-into-two header for this car. I don't see the 6-into-1 on the site, so you may want to ask if interested. You should also consider a port divider while you are at it. It's like $16.

For a little history, I have a 6-to-1 header on my '65 with a 200 and it helped a lot. These engines can use all the breathing they can get. You may want to consider what Kenny did as well by adding a Weber carb, though I have yet to go that route. I'd be a bit cautious if you get headers. The last set of gaskets I got from them were just plain-old exhaust manifold gaskets -- not header gaskets, though what I see on-line now looks more like the first two I received. The last one arrived bent up and the guy I talked to there wasn't very helpful in getting that rectified. Since the two sets of header gaskets I purchased before didn't last long anyway, I finally made my own out off a sheet of copper and made sure it matched the ports on the header exactly. Now I have no problems.

Good Luck!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"