Thread: New Guy with some pics of my 64 Ranchero

New Guy with some pics of my 64 Ranchero

These are clickable to enlarge. My dad gave it to me for my 24th birthday.

Love the stuffed animal and cardboard seat covers!

So is that a 260 or a 289? Looks like you've got some traction bars underneath... and no grass growing under there either. Been sitting a while? What are your plans? Restore or get it running and drive it?

I would highly recommend immediately removing the panel just behind the cab in the bed and clean that area out and look for holes. If you are lucky that's been done in the past, but sadly, this area is often forever neglected and was, in my case, the reason I abandoned a 64 Ranchero project about 15 years ago (gosh... it's been that long ago already ).

The paint on yours looks good, but they didn't go beyond the hood line, so fingers crossed for you that the underside is intact.

Let us know as you proceed with this.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I guess I did not realize the card board lol. But it is a 289 out of a 67 fairline I think my dad said. There are traction bars on it also. With the four speed tranny. It has been sitting for a while now but it will be going back into the garage before snow flys.

I plan on getting it running through the winter here and drive it for a season or two then start to slowly restore her. All it needs right now is a new Carb, and a battery but I am going to put an electronic fuel pump on it instead of the mechanical one. When my dad had it, he had a guy paint it had to been about ten years ago now or so. The guy must of just painted right over the old paint with out sanding or anything not even primer. First time my dad put fuel in the tank some spilled down the side of the truck and it just ate away the paint. The interior does need some help and I have some good Ideas I think anyway.

But yeah I think it will be fun to own this truck. I am never going to sell it because it was my dad's and all so there will be some custom work done mostly on the inside of the truck. In the bed of the truck there are some holes where the first owner cut for speakers and lights and other stuff for down at the beach. But I will defently check out where you are talking about because I want this truck to last forever I would like to pass it down one day to my kids also.

Be sure to keep us posted as you work on it. Personally I enjoy watching the steps that go into things like this than just the simple before and afters. Don't think you'll be anyone to keep us up to date as often as possible.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"