Thread: head nods all around

head nods all around

hey folks, dave b. here with an introduction to you all; new to seattle from the midwest, chicago exactly. now that i'm here i'm gonna have to take on a project that i was putting off back home...intermittant wipers! with all the activity in the cross walks here in town one hand on the wheel and the other on the wiper switch are more work than desired. i don't know about the bone yards around town so any help would be welcome. i know the donor would be an F150 '86 or so? i've seen a couple falcons parked around town with a lot of mustangs on the road; i've also seen two cars i don't remember seeing as a kid-both wagons; a pacer and a pinto! db

Welcome to the club. I've done a variable intermittent wiper setup on my 62 with washer option in the switch. It's a nice upgrade.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63NHALF Guest
    What did you use to make it work?

The switch and associated control box came from an 80s Bronco. It was not fun getting that in there but it went. I bought a new motor for a 75 F150 from Schucks. I then had to find the wiper transmission, arms, and support bracket from a 63-65 Falcon. The 62 and earlier use a 180 degree sweep and won't work with the newer stuff. I wired the whole thing on my work bench and tested with a spare battery and digital multimeter.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63NHALF Guest
    Wow thats a ton of work.But after it was done i'm sure it was worth it.