Thread: Steering wheel

Steering wheel

Hello everyone,

I want to thank the people who have given me good advice and information in the past. Hopefully I will have somehting to contribute in the future. However, I want to tap this great pool of wisdom again and ask if you know how to restore a steering wheel. Is there a special paint, or a shop that will bake the original coating on? thanks for your response.

SG

I repaired and painted my steering wheel about 6 years ago but it could use another cleanup and a fresh coat of paint. I used a rattle can to paint it (white) but it didn't hold up well. Next time I'll do more research and use some heavy duty automotive paint.

Here's a good link with some basic repair information http://fedora.net/falconaut/tech/steering_wheel.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Por 15 makes a steering wheel repair kit..

I'm not sure if it includes paint.. its more for fixing cracks..

on plastics I would look for a two stage paint.. first stage and adhesion promoter and the second stage the paint.. I would then find something to seal the paint..

Nathan

Kenny, I would stop eating that "Good Morning Sandwich" from Dick's Drive-in every day on your way to work. That grease is murder on the new paint.

I only WISH Dicks had a breakfast sandwich!!! Mmmmmm...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Whats dicks? other than the place where the poor hang out.. according to Sir mix-alot...

Nathan

Sir Mix Alot, I didnt think anyone remembered that but me...
    Too funny.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

"Now the freaks are gettin hungry and Mix A Lot's treatin'
    We stopped at Taco Bell for some Mexican eatin'
    But Taco Bell was closed the girls was on my tip
    They said go back the other way we'll stop and eat at Dick's
    Dick's is the place were the cool hang out"

- Posse on Broadway -

O.K....a little off topic but what the hey.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Smile

I had to dig out the CD from my stash just to listen to it again.
    When I saw this post, I just started rolling on the floor laughing. I cranked it on my home stereo last night after dinner and my wife and son thought I had lost it (well atlest my wife thought i was crazy, my 3yr old loved it).
    Thanks for the memories.....
    No matter where you go, there you are...