As you guys know in the introductions forum I am new member of the forum and I ran into a glitch with titling and registering my Falcon. Seems the dealership has gone out of business and filed for bankruptcy. I have the car and all the paperwork less the title and license for the car.

I went to dealership today to find out when I could expect the title and license plates and I see that the place is locked up and closed. I look on the door and there is a notice to contact a Seattle area lawyer. So I make a phone call and I am immediately put into voice mail at the lawyers office. I then decided to call the salesman and he answers the phone and told me that the owner shut down and he was owed 2 weeks pay.

I then went to the county courthouse and went into the department of licensing and talked to the clerk and she gave me a name and phone number for a dealer investigator. I contacted him and he instructed me to send him a copy of all the paperwork I had including a copy of the report of sale, copy of the title application and all. He is going to start the process of getting me the title by way of out of business company.

Oh well at least I have procession of the car and getting it licensed will happen abet a lot more slowly now.