Thread: Suspension options??

Suspension options??

Just curious as to what has been done as far as suspension setups. Has anyone done airbags? How about 4 link with coil overs? Kind of leaning towards airbags for the sedan delivery but not sure if it is right for me? Let me know what you think and pics if you got them. Thanks Steve..

What is your goal with the car? Any racing? Drag? Twisty turns?

Air bags up front is easy. Get a kit for a 64-66 Mustang and it bolts right into a 60-65 Falcon. You should plan for the Shelby drop on the upper control arm. Look at Global West (www.globalwest.net) for some nice suspention pieces. Their upper control arms are very nice.

Another popular option is the M2 crossmember conversion. That setup removed the shock towers and allows for a much wider range of engines. Maybe you could find a 427SOHC . That would be cool. Look here for kits: http://www.rcmotorsports.net/

You can keep the leafs in the rear and get an Air-Over-Leaf setup. This required the removal of a couple of the leafs plates and adding an airbag above. It's the easiest. You could also do a three link, triangulated four link, four link with locater bar, panhard bar, or watt linkage. The skys the limit or maybe your checkbook is the limit.

One of the coolest things I seen is the Art Morrison MaxG frame setup. You cutout the floor, firewall, shock towers, and trunk floor. Basically, everything between the rocker panels. Then drop the car onto a rolling chassis. Some fabrication skills are needed. You have to build a custom floor, frame mounts, firewall etc. It comes with your choice of suspension including C6 Corvette. http://wwwartmorrison.com/
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

WOW. Be careful what you ask for right? The delivery is going to be a cruiser mainly, however I would like to take it down the drag strip on occasion as well. I was looking at Air Ride stuff, but seems very pricey. I like all the links you sent I will do some more investigating. I put up some pics in the rides section of how the disassembley is going so far. I am planning everything out so I can stipr it down to bare metal and put it back together the way I want it.
    Thanks again for the help. Steve H.

Here is another rear suspension option for you. I forgot about this one. A Falcon owner on FordMuscle.com installed one and posted several photos. It looks like a nice kit.

http://www.heidts.com/boltin_rear_4_...e_package.html
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I am looking at something like that. I found a cool four link kit as well. Just not sure what the budget will allow at this point.