Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

The ultimate goal is to finish the delivery. I like having one around to drive. As much work that has gone into the delivery I think it will be my burial plot. Plus this has been one of those dream car type things for a long time. Ever since I saw one in the nostalgia drags up in Canada a few years ago it has been my goal to have one.
    I kept my 72 Bronco for 15 years, so the delivery should be around that long I hope...

OK, I feel better now. FWIW, I kept my '56 panel for 28 years. I had people checking their pulses when I sold that - they just couldn't believe I would ever part with it. But it was time. You know it when you know it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have a guy that want to trade me a 52 Ch*y panel TRUCK for my 62 Ranchero??
    I still like me delivery the best.... Laurie likes the panel truck more than the chero??? Might be time to sell or trade the wife...

I think you should make the trade and then really play havoc with the Chevy guys by installing a Ford motor into it! Now that would be my kind of Chevy.

Have you seen the panel? If it's for Lori, you don't have to take ownership and we won't hold it against you. But keep in mind... you have a sedan delivery and you know how much flat metal is on that. Multiply that time 5 for a panel truck. Why do you think I hate body work?

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I certainly agree with all of that. I was WAY too long without mine while it was in someone else's shop. And I've certainly proven the overspray can be kept under control while I did my detail work under the hood.

I say...... PUT IT TOGETHER NOW!

Years ago, when I pulled a 302 from my '69 'Chero, the motor and C-4 was sold and ended up in a Chevy LUV. I thought that was poetic.
    Last edited by SmithKid; February 13th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I will start gathering the parts and paint needed for inside and go for it. I am tired of selling and trading, I want one keeper.
    I will let everyone know when the assembly party will be. I need to order a wiring harness and shifter but other than that it is a lot of nickle and dime stuff. (or is it a hundred here and a hundred there) I am excited to get it on the road now!!!!

Oh yeah and spark plugs...

I got bins and bins of wire. You want me to splice a bunch of it together for you?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I wish it were that easy. I need to get the harness to splice the fuel injection in. Probably the Ron Francis kit.
    I think I will stab the engine and trans this weekend??

Well I had a half day Sunday to work on my junk so this is what I did: Put the engine in (maybe last time), installed the AOD, and test fit the radiator. Man does that look good after being empty for 2.5 years...
    Question, what did you guys running V-8's use for headers? The stock mustang ones will not fit without cutting into the side skirts. Everything else fit like I tried it a few time before...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that all you got done? Man you are slow.

So, you have the wiring harness for that motor too? Did I mention I also hate wiring? (Shhhh, Gene).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"