Thread: Dome light

Dome light

Does the dome light bezel tighten up against the structure above the headliner. Seems like that is bowing the headliner up quite a bit, but I sure don't know. Seems like there would be a light leak around the bezel if I don't tighten it up?? Thanks Larry

Larry,

I think it is. I'll look at mine closely tomorrow and see how much my headliner is bowed up. How much space is there on yours - headliner to metal framing?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Dome light

1 1/2 inches. Seems like quite a bit but I don't know how it would work if I didn't pull it up tight? Thanks Larry

I looked at mine yesterday as I was waiting in the forever line at the Greenwood Car Show and my dome light is right up against the ribbing above the headliner. You can actually see the ribbing through the headliner (barely). So, that's zero inches of space. So, yes, 1 1/2" is a lot, I guess.

Yours is a hardtop though, so maybe the ribs are different than a sedan or wagon. You may have to consider for now something like a 1 1/2" pair of stand-offs to allow you to fully tighten the dome light and not draw-up the headliner in the process. I think you'll want a firm tightening of the thing.

One thing Jeff and I were thinking yesterday as we talked about this is that maybe the ribs/bows (whatever they're called) were placed in the wrong spots? I know they are all slightly different front to rear (they had color markings painted on them). Without there being more 64/65 hardtops in the club, it's hard to say. I know 64Racer has a hard-top. Maybe you could PM him and have him look at his.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"