Thread: Winter 2009/2010 Projects

Winter 2009/2010 Projects

It's been quiet around here. Has anybody been working on any fun Falcon projects? It's been cold in my garage. I'm thinking about getting a 240V heater so I can do more in the winter.

I still need to install my new Lokar shift boot/indicator and my new wideband OS sensor for the Megasquirt computer.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Been too cold in my garage too, Patrick. I heve been "working on" getting my heater box out in order to clean it up and re-gasketed (tryring to get my carpet arround it is what motivates). So far, in the last 2 weeks, I have gotten the water/anti-freeze drained. That doesn't seem like very much headway. I'm not sure a heater would take the chill off with the recent cold snap. My ventures into the cold have been limited to hanging the Christmas lights. Anyway, it will get done eventually!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Still working on building a workshop area downstairs just off the garage. The hope is to be able to drive the Falcon into the garage and be able to open the doors to work on it.

I've finally busted through and need to finish up some more demolition before I build new walls.

I did manage to get it washed and vacuumed this morning for the Jingle Bell Cruz tomorrow! Nothing like rinsing your car and watching the water turn to slushy ice...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I ran a sub-panel to the garage to run my big compressor and maybe add some heat, but it's a big uninsulated box and the heat would just go out as fast as I made it -- so I'm debating adding some walls to close off my loft and sheetrock it, and the ceiling (12' up... ugh) above the car. Then I could insulate all that and warm it up out there above freezing. It's brutal trying to work on things when your fingers are numb.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"