Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Classified > Parts Wanted

Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior citizen

Conversion help

I am gathering the parts to proceed with my 64 Ranchero project. I thought I would inquire within the group before looking elsewhere. I want to convert my Ranchero to 5 lug and disc brakes. I was wondering if anyone can help me with an appropriate 8 inch rear and Granada spindle-disc brake set up. Also I am thinking of a 250 6cyl and C-4 if you have a lead. I know I can find some of this stuff on eBay, but would like to keep it local if possible. Let me know if you can help.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior citizen

Making progress

I had a guy stop me at Costco today, as I was loading the Ranchero, to talk about his project. As it turned out I may have worked a trade of my bumpers (driver quality) for some bumper cores, an 8in-five lug rear end and a floor shift steering column. This would be some real progress in the parts gathering process. Now we just have to wait to see if he comes through.

PS. I told him about the site and the FCA.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Hey Dan,

I don't have enough room to collect spare parts so I can't help you there. I found a nice 8" rearend off a `70 Maverick (although it was 4-lug) up at the Pull-A-Part (or is it Pick-A-Part?) in Lynnwood so it might be worth a few bucks to roam around there and see what they have.

Kenny Likins
Ballard, Seattle, WA
www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)
Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior citizen

I can't think of a better way to spend a sunny day then roaming a junk yard. This is a favorite of any real car guy. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Active Forum User

Dan,

There is a place in Eatonville called The Mustang Ranch that might have a rear end. I doubt they would have a C-4. They are really hard to find. Their phone number is 253-847-2623. I got a fly wheel there for my '65 and think I paid about $40. Didn't seem too bad. If you haven't been there before they are an interesting place. Kind of a junk yard/new parts store combination. And very knowledgeable on our vintage rides. If you decide to go there be sure and get directions as they are a little hard to find.

Jerry Kirby
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Senior citizen

Thank you Jerry. I have heard of the Mustang Ranch, but I thought it was in Nevada. Oh wait that is a different web site (LOL). Really Jerry I will check it out. Thanks for the lead.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Senior Forum User

Awhile back Al in Everett who hosted our tech day last year had a set of granda brakes he was offering up for sale, and I never got around to getting them so he may still have them (I don't really need them) I think he goes by "Alsprint" on the forum.
Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch