Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

I think you should have powder coated the steering column!!!
    I am jealous you have managed to catch up to me and pass my progress in just a few weeks. I can see this back on the road in about 3 weeks?? Sound about right? Then you can drive over here and help me line up my fenders, hood and doors. What a pain.
    Looks awesome however. If I we a wealthy man I would hire you to finish mine....

If I were a wealthy man I'd be paying others to do it too...

In 3 weeks my 4 month goal is up. I may come close, but I'm not sure how far. I think it may eat up another month. We'll see how it goes. If I don't get too crazy on the body work - trying to make it too perfect (for a driver) - I may do OK. I need to jamb it with the color I plan for out into the future, really, so that's what I need to decide now.

That gunmetal gray I found looks really nice - I have no recollection of where it came from. I think it was a mix of my own from various quarts of other paints I bought (when it was only $20 a quart and not $130 a quart). I need to use it on something, right? Right now I have a quart of glacier blue, this new red (Rangoon), a red I used on the flatbed a few years ago (wasn't the right color), some white for the wagon, a quart (maybe two) of purple (from my days of being married to a purple freak), and a couple other cans I have yet to open. I know, I could just empty the cans into one big can and make 2 gallons of Mutt-colored paint.

"Say. What color is that?" "Mutt."
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Then you can drive over here and help me line up my fenders, hood and doors. What a pain..
    Well - you have the order wrong as it is. It is doors first, then fenders (where they meet the doors - leave the front and fender aprons loose), and then hood to cowl and adjust fender fronts and hood as one adjustment.

Pain - yes. But try a 1956 F100 someday - or even that 67 pickup of mine. Simple by comparison.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Maybe spray the gray, and then use the other colors to make it look like a dalmatian? Or start at the bottom use one color and make it like 4 tone as you work your way up??
    Actually the gray with some red stripes might look pretty cool??? Kind of goes back to your original thought of flat black with the stripes??

I'd like to make sure I have enough - but also use up some of this "gold in a can" I have laying around here. I suspect 3/4 of a gallon should paint that considering I don't need to paint the roof (vinyl roof) or the bed area.

I'll see what I come up with later.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

OK - After staring at it more tonight, and staring at it some more, I think I'm going to go with the paint I have instead of the white/red theme. So, I'm going to jamb it with the charcoal paint and do some minor body-work on the area I worked on (not trying to get it all painted right now) and start putting it all back together. I can then do body-work at my leisure.

So here's a sample of the paint colors it may eventually be, but parts of it will be. Add some yellow and some green self-etching primer and you get the complete picture. The interior will be done completely though.

Edit - in fact, here are all the colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; June 16th, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"