Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club Membership

I'm glad your pop is okay. Is that paint missing on the top of the fender from the blow out? I have never seen that kind of damage.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Ya that's from the tire. Someone had put a bunch bondo on that fender. Took out the marker light , rock gaurd thing under the bumper , and bowed the whole fender out about an inch. Tires had very few miles and no weather checking. Cruising down I-90 near Sturgis
    Attached Images Attached Images

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Let me make myself perfectly clear...

No, I do not want the job of US President. You've got to be either crazy or a liar to say you want that job.

I do appreciate the kind words and continued support.

Bummer deal with the Mustang. Glad everyone is OK, although it's never OK to have to now work on what was already done. And yeah, I see about 3/16" of Bondo up on top that just broke away. Hope the paint can be matched.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wednesday nights

Also, wanted to comment on the Wednesday night issue. I used to have the same commitment to Wednesday nights. So I get that. If folks have no issue with a day change, we should not be opposed to this if there is something we can do to better accommodate the group.

Doing so would require a notification change at the national level (needs to be updated anyway) and some agreement from the membership. I know many dread coming at all now because traffic is getting so bad, so there may need to be some on-line discussion about this in it's own thread. I will create one if there isn't an immediate resistance to the idea.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'm late as usual

Sorry for the late response. I try and stay current on my dues. This time of year, I'm just swamped. I do appreciate our officers for all they do, and feel kind of guilty for sitting on the sidelines. I have offered my time on the winter if any one needs anything. I really have enjoyed the tech days. I have learned some stuff, and find it amazing the knowledge that is in this club. Don't give up. Is there a group skype kind of thing we can use for meetings? Just guessing. Let's not give up guys......... I think we have something good here
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Club Membership

Changing days will probably just create and issue for someone else. Wednesdays we also have church activities, but Tuesdays absolutely won't work, so we have tried to skip one church time each month on Wednesdays. Hard to keep us all happy, but I agree, as USA president, you would do better than anyone else. C'mon Roger.
    Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

We meet bi-monthly, so it is one Wednesday out of every 8 Wednesday's.

If you have official responsibilities at your church as I did, it's a lot harder to not be there. Same as it is, for me now, with our club. Though it is not the most favored location (BurgerMaster) it was selected (by me) to make it easier for me to be at every meeting. I have had to be traveling for work to have missed any meeting we've ever had, be it the bi-monthly meetings or a tech day.

Suffice it to say you can't make everyone happy or meet every need. When the potential of 30% of those who might attend to not show because it is a Wednesday, then we may need to consider a day change. It would be nice to hear from the other 70% to see if they have reservations or issues with a day change.

US President? I don't understand why anyone would "want" that job. It would be like being the Falcon club president multiplied by 10 billion. Finger on the button to blow away all those Cheby clubs out there. Ford-themed oval office.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 18th, 2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"