Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers

Headers

I purchased chrome short tube headers to put on my 64 Falcon but I really want the long tube headers instead. Does anyone know of a brand that will fit with my 302/347. I installed the Heidts crossmember and independent suspension. I would like to get the ceramic coated ones. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Larry

I won't be much help here. Try looking us a TFFN user names Mike Schure (sp?). You may also try contacting Heidts to see if they have a recomendation.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Headers

Thanks a bunch Pat. I went to TFFN and from everything I see there, the Dougs TriY's from Summit fit perfect with the 302 and C4. The cost is pretty high when you add the ceramic coating. The heat they put out is a lot less and of course the looks are worth something?? I guess I will go ahead and get them. If any body is interested in buying a new set of chromed shorty headers let me know. Larry

Headers

Well, I bought a set of the Dougs TRI-Y headers off of ebay this morning. I won't be installing them real soon since I am still trying to get my paint and clear coat all polished. But when they are installed I will post some pics. Pricey addition to the car but not what I expected to pay. The posts on TFFN list a price that is quite a bit more than on ebay and it's still Summit that has the ebay ad. Larry

Larry, I'd particularly be interested in how well they fit when you get to that point. I have been contemplating the exact same thing for my Ranchero, but have heard too many stories and seen too many articles in various publications that say headers don't fit without mods (which I don't have equipment to do). By the way, the last pics of your YELLOW 'bird are great! Keep up the good work, Gene.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Headers

Will do. The TFFN web site gave a lot of information on fitting the Dougs TRI -Y headers into the Falcons. I got them off of ebay from Summit. There are rave reviews on how well they fit with zero mods required. The ones I have ordered are part number D660YA and are for the 1963-70 260/289/302 with a C4 transmission. There are a couple of responses in TFFN where folks installing that particular set have to make some mods or at least have trouble where the shift cable bracket is for a standard transmission.
    Thanks for the kind words on my car. I am about finished polishing the paint on the roof and rear half of the car. I will send pics soon. Then I will roll the car out of the garage, turn it around and put it in face first to finish the front half. Doesn't make much sense I imagine but it keeps me close to my electric heaters!

headers

Just curious if your chrome headers fit a 289 AT on the column? and what you are asking for them? thanks

Sean

Headers

Sean, I beleive they will fit but you can take them and see. If you have any problem you can have your money back. I would sell the headers along with the gaskets and bolts for $100. They cost me $140. They are stainless steel and are new. Larry

Headers

Sean here is a picture of the engine with the headers I am selling. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

headers

Wow! what an impressive motor. you got a deal if i can squeeze them in. let me know when you will have them available. i am in no hurry just gathering all the parts i need for a future engine swap. thanks

Sean

Headers

They are off the engine and available anytime you want them. Let me know when you want to pick them up. Larry

headers

I will see if i have some time this weekend and get back to you. Were you going to have t do any modification to your falcon to fit them in?

Headers

My car is really not representative of the typical Falcon so I can only say that they are the ones that are recommended. I removed the shock towers in my car so I have oodles of room. Maybe someone else has installed these in their car with the towers still in place. If anyone else has experience with headers in the Falcon chime in please. Larry

headers

Larry,

I could probably come by saturday or sunday and take a look. I could bring my cast iron manifolds and compare. Let me know what works for you.

thanks

Headers

Either day is OK with me. I will send you a private message with my phone number and you can let me know what time you will be here and I'll give directions. Roger can see the yellow glow from my car from his house. Larry