Yep, $250, 000. The more I have seen these high dollar car shows it is easy to see how they get to that number. Just drive down to Dreamers in Everett some day and take a tour of their paint area. The head painter there gave me a lot of great tips before I painted my car. They had a 32 Ford getting painted while I was there. He told me that body work and paint was going to be over $40 K. When I took my car into his shop for him and the other guys to see, he said the amount of hours to get my cars body work, paint and color buff and sanding would have been a minimum of $40 K.
I did everything myself on my car except the exhaust and Falcon Comets did the interior, which I installed.
If I would have had someone do all the work I've done, it would easily be triple or more what I've spent.
The quality level of that station wagon put my car to shame, but mine didn't cost me more than my house.
If you haven't been to Hot August Nights in Reno, you should go, at the judging for the top ten cars you will see cars that cost a whole lot more than $250K. Larry