Hey all, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

The car: 1964 Falcon wagon, 170ci, Autolite 1100 carb.

The problem: Ive had this car and have been daily driving it for about a year now, and noticed when I first bought it (last summer), that when the car was running for a while on a hot day (over 75 degrees outside temp), I would stall during some normal left hand turns or when going over a very bumpy patch of road at very slow speeds. Occasionally pumping the pedal after stall would bring the car back to life with a puff of smoke and a heavy gas smell.

I attempted to fix this last year by adjusting float heights, and eventually it went away. But also the outside temps were getting lower as winter approached. I drove it all winter without a single stall on a left turn or slow bumpy rocking of the car. Even when the engine warmed up nice and hot.

Now, summer is coming again and my problem returns. I tried again a few weeks ago to move the float up and down from stock settings and it hasnt done anything to help. Ive thought about putting a spacer between the carb and mounting block, but it seems the studs are too short to allow one. Is my fuel percolating? It always starts fairly easily after a stall, so I sort of ruled out vapor lock...

Im at a loss. I live in a high congestion urban area and stalling in traffic around aggressive drivers is just a rear end accident waiting to happen. Im hoping to clear this up so I can get some summer driving in.

Thanks for any suggestions you may be able to provide.