Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mini Regional

2015 Mini Regional

Not having a lot of luck getting someone at Griot's to call me back. So far they are saying we can cook the food and not worry about the license, but then tell me they want to make sure, and will call back. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Maybe if we supply the cold dogs and tell people they can cook their own - just like at a picnic bbq - this will circumnavigate the issue. We are only selling the supplies - not the cooked food.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

2015 Mini Regional

Griots called me back. They mentioned that almost all groups that utilize the cooking facilities are cooking only for their "group". Therefore they haven't needed licenses. He also stated that since the folks coming would be in our "Falcon" group we shouldn't have any issues. He mentioned that most of the groups give out a meal ticket when they pay to register their cars.

We could do something like that?? Since we are not charging for registration I am not sure how to do that exactly. I am willing to go ahead, but should we?

Selling the supplies and letting them cook their own? Might be just the ticket. Carol and I have a saying that we use all the time, "Nothing is easy" so why should this be any different.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I think if we can ask if they want to buy a meal ticket (1 for each person) at registration, and then give them the number they purchase. We can then cook up the dogs and put them in a foil dish and they can make their own in exchange for a ticket. More pot-luck than vendor.

This is more like the Church of Falcon as opposed to the Griot's Car Show (come one, come all) and as such we can just go for it.

One other option might be to contact a local food truck company, who "may" agree to come and setup for nothing and sell food. Or the local boy scouts like we see at Bellevue Car Show. But I'm thinking the first scenario would work too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

2015 Mini Regional

I guess unless there is some more info, let's just go with that. I got a $50 gift certificate for lunch or dinner at Sparta's pizza in Lynnwood which is IMHO the best pizza in the universe. I am searching for other gifts. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Last year I talked to the Wart Hog (bbq) in Tacoma and they said they would be happy to bring one of thief trucks and sell bbq to us. Just need to ask them.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

If there is no cost to the club, would be worth exploring this route just to get a sense of what is involved.

I have been working on the art-bits sent over by Joanna and have everything changed over. I'm not seeing anything that looks like the post-card we sent, so I'm going to email her to see if that was a file-set I didn't get. Otherwise it's just an issue of throwing all the PDF's onto a flash-drive and taking them somewhere to print. Hopefully they don't need anything more than that. Not sure if anyone has a favorite print shop - or knows where the best deals are for this - but if you do, please let me know.

Theoretically everyone who wants to see them, test their appearance on other computers, or go copy off one or more for their local use, can download them from my dropbox account - here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h071v4rv7...BA2LW-F8a?dl=0
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Insurance

Certificate came in the mail today. Our event is covered.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quick update: getting raffle prizes this year is like pulling teeth. Haven't given up just means it's time to lean on them a bit.
    Summit is usually good for bags and stickers, some gift certs are in the mail so not all hope is lost yet. How goes everyone else's battles??
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Much has happened since the last meeting. I lost two employees in my department (of the 3 of us) and have now taken over all customer support duties at work. Very long days. This has left me little time, if any, to work on anything. Even writing this I'm letting calls go to voicemail just to get it done. On my "not-so-free time" I am still building two vehicles. Finding it lucky to scrounge up a couple hours per week to do anything but.

I've been growing very concerned about the mini (for a variety of reasons), but not much I can do about it as I've not found a way to add more hours into the day yet. I need to get my truck done in time to haul stuff to and from the swap meet - and that is coming up very soon. I'm not sure I will make that deadline. Truly in headless chicken mode.

I did do the mini art (I think) as noted above, but nobody has indicated having looked at any of it to see if they found anything wrong. I'll have to assume they are fine. I'll probably have to use Kinko's because they are close, but probably not cheapest.

Have still no idea what to do about a post-card mailing. Have no postcard yet or the time to even make it and print them right now. Who mailed these out last year? How was this handled? Can anyone step up to the plate to do this? If not, it may not get done. I might be able to make the art for the post card if someone can handle the printing and mailing part.

There's probably more, but I that's all I have right now.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; September 28th, 2016 at 05:27 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"