http://www.bel-kirkmustang.com/

I have had my 1961 falcon for about 8 months now. I have been trying to find a mechanic who could look at it and not scratch his head or say "i had an old car kinda like this when I was younger, but I don't know what to do for it or where to even start on locating the right parts or identifying the engine for ya". The engine (not original, a straight 6 maybe from a later mustang) was rebuilt and some poor choices were made with adding a bad after market carb that was mounted on a custom mounting plate, and it has been like hitting a brick wall with everyone I have taken it to. HOWEVER, finally I ran into a guy at one of the shops I had recently taken it to looking for someone to look at it who gave me the words I had been waiting to hear, "oh, you should just take that to Bel-Kirk Mustang in bellevue, thats pretty much all they do over there is work on older fords"

Sure enough right from the get go the guys over there knew everything they needed to even over the phone to make me feel at ease and know that they could not only fix the problems, but fix them right, and in a way that would make sense for the car and engine. Initially when I called I asked the guy if he would like to work on a 1961 falcon, and he said "I wouldn't like to work on it at all" after which my usual feelings of getting no where with this task began to set in for a second before he said "I would LOVE to work on that car, a 61!"

I will be taking the car in to them on June 1, and then I'm out of town for a wedding while they work on it, but I Intend to post a full review of the service and results. I think this is actually quite a great find, as it has been REALLY hard for me to find anyone with this type of knowledge base for these cars for engine work. I know a lot of people on the forum do their own work, and I wish I could but I don't have a garage and although I grew up with my stepfather and his dad rebuilding and restoring old cars they never taught me about engines. for people in my shoes, this may prove to be a great place to help us out.