Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

I was able to pick away at a few more items. I'm a bit embarrassed at my pace when compared to some of the other projects on the site.

• Kick panels dyed and installed. These had to be trimmed slightly and I used a heat gun to massage the edges and top for a better fit.
    • Carpet - Medium Saddle (ACC Molded with the extra sound deadening -mass backing). I also bought an extra two yards of bulk to use in the cargo area. I'll get the edges bound after it's cut to size.
    • Seat belts
    • Door Sills
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it! Shoulder belts front and rear. Looking good.
    As far as your pace your doing great, look at mine 2 years and I am still on body work???? Can't wait to see paint or something besides bondo on mine... Did I mention about body work?

I never posted the pictures showing my custom beltline (window fuzzies).

Like Roger, I didn't like the poor sealing action that the factory fuzzies provide.

I bought bulk window seals from Restoration Specialties & Supply.

• Outside Beltline with the stainless bead PN: YM1599
    • Inside beltline (similar to OEM fuzzy material) PN:YM52RP
    For mounting the outside belt I drilled holes in the belt that lined up with the original holes meant for the clips and secured with stainless pan head screws with a washer and nut on the inside.

It took some dremmel trimming to modify the belt trim to fit around the door brace and the pivot for the wing window. I also had to trim some of the rubber to match end profiles and where it meets the division bar. Easy to do, just took some measuring and confidence when cutting into a $40 stick (96" long).

It ran about $140 to do the four windows - stock fuzzies would have been a lot less work and about 1/2 the cost. For me blocking 90% of the water that used to disappear into the door was worth the price.

I am happy how they came out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pictures don't do it justice. And the stainless bead adds a nice touch. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. The back windows are in and I'm ready to start cutting the driver's side tomorrow.

Time will tell but I think these will last a good long time and keep a lot of water out!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have done a couple of test fits on my van with the sample you gave me, it seems like the way to go. Looks like the trim around the wing window posts worked out real well.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

So Jeff... you use new style on the outside and regular fuzzies on the inside?

I'm just about to look at doing this again... I bought something a couple months ago, but have not looked close at it yet. Yours, going full length outside, looks really nice.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    So Jeff... you use new style on the outside and regular fuzzies on the inside?

I'm just about to look at doing this again... I bought something a couple months ago, but have not looked close at it yet. Yours, going full length outside, looks really nice.

Yes - new Hot Rod rubber on the outside - original type whiskers on the inside. I bought the original type in bulk and cut to size. Cut slightly longer and folded the chrome bead down to give a finished edge as OEM.

What I ended up with (from some-where - not sure I recall) is short by 6" going front to rear on the length of the door. I may just do the same as you and get the stainless stuff. I can put that on later - after it has moved to the carport. Thanks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"