Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Swap Meet

Monroe Swap Meet

Hey guys and gals,

I mentioned at the last meeting an idea I had about renting a swap space and setting up a tent and our banner and making it a dual sell our stuff and recruit new members at the same time sort of thing.

My idea is to find out what, if anything, you may have you want to get rid of, collect it all in one location, and then haul it all out there and sell it. The idea I had was to make a percentage of the sales go to the club (to pay for the spot and add to the general fund) and the rest goes to whoever owns the stuff.

I'm trying to get this figured out soon so I can decide to reserve one or two spots. So if you're hip to this idea, let me know as soon as you can.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Roger, I really don't have much to sell at this point. The few extra Ford items I have I am going to hold until I get a better feel on what the wagon needs.

If I do find some items, it would just be a handful of items and certainly wouldn't require much space.

Unless something major comes up, you can count on me to work a 1/2 day shift at the stand. Is that what you had in mind?

Here is what I have off the top of my head:

round body trunk lid
    complete T-Bird IRS assembly
    65-65 Mustang V8 spindles
    brand new never used chain hoist
    two sets of 62 Futura fender birds (one set in fresh chrome)
    62 Falcon horn ring
    62 Falcon bumper jack

I'm sure I can come up wit some other things if I look through the garage.

What is the date? I want to get it on my calender.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

May 16th and 17th. Setup day is on the 15th.

Obviously with some of the larger items I may need to twist someone's arm to help on Friday to setup (I'll have to take the day off work). So anybody who can be available that day? I plan to arrange the space by the weekend, so anybody else with stuff?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Apparently I am tied up Sunday (Syttende Mai). Put me down to work it Saturday. I would like to take a bit of a look around but can stay the day. Maybe someone can tag team with me.

I have a 2.77 tranny and used clutch parts..
    3.03 tranny as well
    a cylinder head from a 250 I-6
    a good exhaust manifold
    a good shift collar
    and some other odds and ends..

Who wants to come and get them?

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Roger,

If it doesn't look like you will have enough help from guys closer too you on your setup day, friday I will be available. I also will go through my left over stuff to see if any of it is worth while to sell.

Jerry

Nathan,
    I'm in the Ephrata area a lot in the summer, and would be happy to meet you someplace 'tween there and you, or can make arrangements for you to leave your parts at my place near Soap Lake. Matter of fact, I'm going to be there this week-end and next (I like to fish over there). I would be happy to meet you anytime b/4 the meet.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Roger,
    I too, would be happy to help with setup/manning the booth. I prob'ly have some small stuff to sell, myself.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

OK, thanks for the offer folks. As the day approaches we'll fashion a plan. At this point I'm thinking to get just one space, which will likely be enough.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"