Thread: New Job!

New Job!

After a few applications for other positions, I finally got an interview with Starbucks Corp. and accepted a position last Friday. I'll be starting on the 20th. I've been in the printing industry for many, many years so this will be a nice change.

I'll be working down on Harbor Island with Jeff Watson. Some of you may have met Jeff and his `63 convertible at some of the past events. The job involves ordering and distributing parts to repair persons that service espresso machines and a few other pieces of equipment in the retail stores.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it. Jeff and Caro have good things to say about the company's benefits and it seems like a good opportunity for me. If we get any more members working there, we may have to branch out with a Starbucks Chapter...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

In the vein of the "Manifold Picnic"... I anticipate Kenny will be using old espresso machine parts to construct a contraption that will make a Latte using exhaust manifold heat and the unused vacuum from his two stage fuel pump.

One more piece of Bling to mount under his hood.

Thumbs up

Congrats Kenny. I hope it works out well for you.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Glad to hear you got the job, Kenny - I hope the I-5 construction is not causing you too much misery. So are you and Jeff going to have tech sessions during lunch break?

T.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Glad to hear you got the job, Kenny - I hope the I-5 construction is not causing you too much misery. So are you and Jeff going to have tech sessions during lunch break?

T.
    Sure...come on down and we'll teach you how to repair a commercial espresso machine! It might be a little different than a Falcon but maybe we can figure out a way to inject steam into the cylinders for an extra boost??!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Talking

I meant Falcon tech sessions
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Next Friday Kenny and I will be installing some fuzzy dice on the forklift.

I'm afraid we won't be working on our Falcons there... all of the tools are Metric!

63vert Guest
    Kenny-
    What great news. Enjoy the new job...but watch the daily latte count!

Quote Originally Posted by 63vert View Post
    Kenny-
    What great news. Enjoy the new job...but watch the daily latte count!
    Thanks Lawrence. Luckily I'm a black coffee guy and usually only have a latte once or twice a month. I'll save those extra calories for a nice juicy steak or some cheesecake for desert!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Espresso en la Trunk?

Kenny looked on your site on how to mount espresso maching in my Ranchero....You have been there for 5 days what gives? lol

Congrats....my sister works in their IT dept......says she likes it

Now we know where the monthly meeting will be held in the future
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.