Thread: Door Handles for 60-63 Falcons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Door Handles for 60-63 Falcons

I know Jeff addressed this in his Wagon Build thread, but because I didn't have a 60-63 at the time I wasn't intimate with the process... until last night. So I looked at his thread again and realized he didn't use the new chrome buttons. His thread and mine differ only in this regard as I show you how to use the new chrome buttons too!

The 60-63 Falcons don't have the luxury of replacement door handles. You can make some yourself using 64-65 Falcon/Mustang handles and modifying them slightly. I suggest using the Mustang handles, since they are far less expensive than the Falcon handles... and are the same. I got both of mine for about $30.

Pic 1 - Take the two handles (new and old) apart and lay them out before you.

Pic 2 - Notice the old push-button, which was firmly attached to the push rod. I will show you how to use something else for this in the new button.

Pic 3 - These are the bits from the new handle. You will use the new spring and chrome button and the screw.

Pic 4 - Purchase 2ea 1/4-20 x 3.5" 1/4-20 bolts (longer is OK). We will use these as the new push rods.

Pic 5 - Cut off the threaded end to make the bolt 2.685" long (give or take - like 2 11/16"). Sand the cut smooth and round and sand off the high-spots from the hex to allow it to drop all the way to the bottom of the new chrome button.

(continued)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 11th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.