Thread: New Shelby bling for my Sprint

New Shelby bling for my Sprint

Picked up some Stewart Warner Green Line gauges to put in my Sprint. These are the same ones that came in the Shelby Mustangs. I figured since I'll never own a Shelby I can at least have the gauges and since the Falcon Sprint was the basis for the Shelby it will be a reminder of that heritage and DNA. Plus they look pretty cool IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! I've got a vintage set of mechanical SW gauges but just the black with white numbers & needle. How/where do you plan on mounting them?

Are they still making these or did you get them off eBay? Here's a nice green line tach. A little pricey for me but way cool!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300635212926

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yep, these are the originals I picked them up from a collector on the east coast. They do sell the reproduction ones that they brought back in 2006 - for about $100 a piece for the 2 1/16th ones. I figured I might as well get the real deal for about the same cash outlay.

For mounting I have a 3 gauge low profile pod that I will put them in on the dash on the radio speaker grille since I have the AC under dash. As to the tach I saw that tach on ebay too. I was offered one with sender for the same price but thought it was a bit too pricey as well. I am still working on that deal. Maybe after X-Mas

Here's the mock up and what it will look like when the gauges are hooked up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; December 18th, 2011 at 02:21 PM.

Wow - the new gold is green! They are nice.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"