Hi everyone,

I received this email a few days ago and wanted to pass it along. I was a member of the Sonoma County chapter for several years, where Ray and Al are based. These are really awesome guys who put in a lot of time and effort to organize the Regional Conventions and the Nationals as well, plus keep there own chapter vibrant and growing. We were in good hands with Ray at the wheel and I have no doubt that Al will continue to keep us moving forward.

Dear FCA Pacific Regional Officers-

Earlier this year, Ray Johnson informed the FCA Board of Directors that he would like to "retire" from the FCA Pacific Regional Director position. The Board asked me if I would be interested in serving in the position. After giving it some thought, I accepted and I was recently appointed by the Board to serve as your FCA Pacific Regional Director.

I would like to thank Ray for his many years of service to the FCA and the Pacific Region. Ray (and his wife Cecilia) were instrumental in the preservation and growth of the Falcon Club of America on the west coast. Early on, Ray was a dedicated member of the River City Chapter (mother of west coast chapters) and helped put together the first Regional events in Sacramento, California. He also chaired or co-chaired the FCA National Convention that was held in Sacramento (CA) in 2000, and San Ramon (CA) 2005.

Ray has assisted several FCA members in forming chapters on the west coast. Today, we can be proud to say that there are FCA chapters covering most of the west coast region. This is a testament to Ray's dedication, but mostly due to the hard work that you and your fellow members have done to form and nurture FCA Chapters in your area. Without all of the hard work that you have done, the successes of the FCA in our region would not be possible.
I'm not sure that I can live up to Ray's fine example, but I will do my best to serve you and the FCA. I probably should tell you a bit about myself. I have been an FCA member for many years. My FCA number is 2,502. I called the River City Chapter my home club until the Sonoma County Falcons for Fun Chapter was founded about 13 years ago. I assisted with the 2000 and 2005 national conventions, and I have also helped with many Regional events. I am a past President and Newsletter Editor for the Sonoma County Falcons for Fun Chapter, and I presently serve as their Secretary.

I will have more for you later, but I just wanted to bring you up to date on the Regional Director's position. The FCA National Convention was just held in Louisville. I was unable to attend, but I did hear that we have a new FCA President---Cliff McKay.

Sincerely,
Al Aiello