Thread: 62 Falcon Wagon

Cutman Guest

62 Falcon Wagon

Greetings from the east side of the state (Tri-Cities). The wagon is a bit of a "frankenstien" deal. It has a MII suspension(2" drop spindles with -1/2 coil), fresh 302, AOD, '72 Maverick rearend with new 3.55 posi center section. The body mods include shaved all side chrome and rear door handles, frenched pwr antenna, smooth tailgate, cable remote gas door, and a few other little things. Hoping for the green you see on newer Mustangs (kind of a retro drab color). The interior will be stock but custom upholstery. Had a guy come out for a bid on painting it in and out today... waiting to hear from him. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by Cutman; January 2nd, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see the progress. It sounds like you'll have a nice build when you get done.

Go Bombers!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Cutman Guest

Falcon gettin' a new coat

Painter guy just called with his bid. It is a done deal. Gonna be painted in and out ...base/clear. The car goes to the painter the first of Feb. I have had the mechanicals done for a year and now gettin' her purdy has me all excited. Wife will be driving a cool grocery getter this summer!

This is the color we are thinking with buckskin/biege interior (maybe leopard inserts in the seats.... I know, I know... read my signature).
    Last edited by Cutman; January 3rd, 2008 at 01:17 PM.

That's a nice color. There's a 1962 Ford color code "P" - Silver Moss that looks very similar. I don't think I've seen an actual car painted in that color but I have an original `62 dealer brochure with a photo and it looks pretty sweet.

You should see if your painter guy can look up that code and maybe mix a quart for you to do a test. The shop that painted my sedan made it seem like no big deal to get the formula for my Rangoon Red.

But as your signature implies...do want you want because it's your car! Who really cares what everyone else thinks. I tend to like original stuff but I put my twist on it when it suits me.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

OK...here's my 2-minute Photoshop paint job...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Very Cool!!!

My wife and I were going to paint our 62 ranchero that very same color, but with the light color combo of the steer head upholstery we went darker green..
    We went with a Mercedes amzon mica green which is a dark green with gold flake..

I'm locate in Spokane so I feel ya on the other side of the mountain thing..

Nathan

Cutman Guest

colored birds

Hey Eastie!
    I am thinking we will be going more toward the beetle color and and just a bit more flake to shimmer. Post a picture under my thread with your green falcon. My wife might like it better.
    Rob

All I have is the interior painted as of now.
    We were hoping to get the body work finished this winter and have it painted by spring, but that doesnt look promising. We spent the body and paint money on a 61 futura and now we found a wagon too.

I'll try and get an interior shot. its a really dark green. almost looks black in the shade, but under the sun light its an emerald green with gold flake.. small falke

Nathan