Thread: Timing cover for my 200?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Timing cover for my 200?

I'm going through my engine to see what sort of shape it's in before I put it back in and I noticed the threaded boss on the timing cover, which is where the alternator bracket bolts, is broken/gone/ground away. So does anyone have a spare floating around?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So nobody has a timing cover huh... bummer.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Stand by Roger I think I have one on the pole car... I will check it out tonight.

That's the one I pulled the alternator brackets from. Never even considered it for some reason. But yes, if it didn't hit the pole too, it would work.

Heck you could send it to me via post office for $5 (refundable) and that would be to me in a day. The front end parts being sent that way would probably still be cheaper than a drive.

If I don't find any wiped journals on the crank - I will probably throw the 6 back in for now - if I can get the timing cover. I can get the parts I need (gaskets, bearings, timing chain set, and freeze-plugs) for less than $200. Let me know tonight if you can. That'll allow me tomorrow to gather parts from the locals.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"