Thread: home made C4 tranny mount

home made C4 tranny mount

i got plans from a friend to make up a c4 tranny mount, and finally finished it last nite at work. check out this page for plans if you feel like this is cheaper then buying one.

http://groups.msn.com/MyFordandMercu...ountplans.msnw

heres my mount i made. i may need to tweak it abit, but i think its well made..
    Attached Images Attached Images

i installed my tranny mount today, and took a few pix. it fit awesome (the plans are spot on) just needed to trim abit on the left side.

heres what was holding my tranny up since i got it

and here it is installed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good job! I wish I had more equipment for fabricating metal (especially a welder). It doesn't look there's an arm sticking out to attach the lever for the parking brake. Are you going without or do you have other plans?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

When do you go into production? Nice job, my mount looks like what you took out and am going to replace mine but need to convince my wife that I need to spend the money on it.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

thanx guys. i havent figured out what im doing for the ebrake yet, but will soon.

production huh,lol dont think its that nice to make some... its not shaped or trimmed nicely, jsut does the job for me.