Thread: New here

1. New here

Hey everyone. Ryan here. In Marysville. Got a '68 Futura that I am rebuilding. I'm finding it really difficult to find parts. Any ideas where to get some NOS?

Hi Ryan and welcome. Attach a picture if you are able.
    I don't have any newer items as mine is a 63.
    What's on your shopping list?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

The pic is a little misleading. I have everything stripped out of it. Fenders and doors removed. Needs complete reupholstered and I would like to find an original front bench seat. Pretty much anything right now is on the list to replace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like Jake from Original Falcon and Comet Interiors would have your upholstery:

http://www.falconcometinteriors.com/info/PRICING

He may even have a lead on the front bench or even one laying in his warehouse. worth a call. Link above.

Picture looks nice and should be a fun project. Certainly won't see many of those at a show.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

66 - 70 Falcons

The "newer" 45 to 49 year old Falcons have grown on me with time. They are nice looking cars and I would enjoy seeing more of them.

Here is a commercial for the 1968 Falcon:
    "With an interior built for the extra height and weight of Americans."

That line made me chuckle.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_eE-PKUiYQ

Falcon '68 .... The compact car for a big, fast country!

ford-better-idea.JPG

This is a good commercial for the 1967 Falcon Futura Sports Coupe. The color photography better shows what an attractive car it is. It is a sharp looking car and I would not mind at all having one that looked just like it (I just need to get a much bigger garage first).

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9645IFovc

The scenes from the Vietnam-era Mayport Naval Station in the background are really nice. Mayport is near Jacksonville, Florida at the mouth of the St. Johns's River. When I was in the Reserves I would drive from Orlando to Mayport once a month and sail on gas turbine frigates for the weekend.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 3rd, 2015 at 07:17 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

That's a great commercial. Thanks for posting.

Welcome Ryan, Nice looking car!

I'm not sure why the later 66-up Falcons didn't get much love. They may have just been overshadowed by the emerging Mustang hype. I know my sister had a '66 and to me, then, it looked a little dorky compared to my 66 Fairlane and my 62 Falcon. Today I look at them and see Mad Max coolness!

Sadly, though, the parts are hard to find for these because I think many thought like I did about it in the mid-to-late 70's and, as such, most never survived into the 80's. The first and second gen Falcon are clearly more endearing and may have saved many from this fate.

But it is always nice to see one now!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"