Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

I think you son was out jumping some curbs!

I guess they just don’t make rubber the way they used to.

At least it happened in your garage and not on the way to/from a show.

Speaking of repairs, are you willing to lend out the spring compressor you picked up for your front end rebuild?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Maybe the rubber was dry rotted and one broke while you were driving last and then the other just let go to be cooperative.

Jeff, if you need a spring compressor sooner than Don can supply it - I have a couple. I've got the typical internal (I've shortened/modified for Falcons) and an external type I've yet to ever use, but would probably be the easier to use, but would maybe require removing the spring shield under the fender.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks Roger and I will take you up on it. Maybe the internal one you had luck with in the past. Can you bring to our September meeting?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Jeff's muffler

Hello, Don.

Comment: Wow! Your car is clean underneath.

Question: What is the piece of tape on the right side of the gas tank? Is it a heat shield? Where did you get that?

Thanks, Dennis.

Jeffs muffler.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; September 9th, 2018 at 04:59 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Hi Dennis!
    Sorry to take so long to reply...life has been crazy lately with a funeral and work- I helped sell my employer...but the good news is I should be back home and to the falcon this fall.
    Yes, it’s a heat barrier tape. I’m pretty sure I bought it at Autozone. The original gas tank had an indentation for the muffler but it was around $250 more to buy one with that indentation. So, I went with the cheaper tank only to find out the muffler didn’t fit. So, the muffler is also smaller- and I put the heat tape on there as an added measure.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Got the muffler hangers done today. The picture doesn’t do it justice- makes it look a bit warped, but the guy did a great job. Nice rubber bushings up top and strong enough to hang on- and it’s not going to bump the gas tank any more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Moving home

Got my tickets back home guys...I’m going to have to visit back and forth now and then for the next few month but it sure will be nice to be home.
    Anyone know where to find the summer show schedule??
    It would be nice to tidy up the last few things and show off all the work we did at least once or twice.
    Where is our falcon regional this year?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I'm sure it'll be good to be home. Hopefully we have decent enough weather soon to drive our cars around a bit.

I use this schedule, which is pretty complete:

http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

We'll have a meeting on March 20 and maybe we can do an early spring cruise somewhere after that. I've not heard anything about a mini this year, but it's probably coming back round to us again... should we decide to.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Wow, that’s a huge list! Any thoughts on the best local shows for mine other than our falcon specific shows?
    Definitely looking forward to a little club cruise to catch up with you guys again...weather permitting of course.
    Last edited by dhbfaster; February 9th, 2019 at 02:24 AM.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

We ought to go have a little snow cruise. That would be fun.

Cruzin's list is long, but not so bad if you weed out the non-local events.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Wow, hard to believe the last post on this thread was so long ago....but, I ate breakfast, and for the first time since since we got back from Canada I asked my wife "What's on the list today honey" and she said "nothing."
    I was like...huh?

So, I was finally able to dig into my problem with the horn not working (It hasn't work since I replaced the steering wheel) and I figured it out. The plate on the inside of the new steering wheel that makes the horn contact was spaced completely different than the old one. Here's the old one Old.jpg and here's the new one. New.jpg
    Once I figured that out, I was able to just swap the plates. I cleaned the old one up nicely, reinstalled and amazingly the horn works perfectly now. I don't know why the instructions don't tell you that.

Then I went out and picked up a bottle of the Griot's detailer...the falcon was so dusty...now it's beautiful again.
    I'm stoked- two things marked off the short list in one morning. Tomorrow, I'll finish off the detail on the inside of the trunk.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I was hoping to get a lot of detailing done so I could make the jingle-bell at XXX on Sunday, but they delivered all the stuff the other day and set it right in front of the ghetto garage, so I haven't been able to do that. The poor car has been in that Costco garage for almost 2 years and it is looking pretty sad. But that is about to change!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"