Thread: Hope you're all staying cool...

Hope you're all staying cool...

Just sitting here after having spent another 4 hours scraping paint from the side of my garage (have about 30 hours into it so far -- and let me say, I HATE scraping paint as much as some other people I know). Needless to say it's eating up more time than I expected it would -- time I'd rather be spending working on and driving my car. But I just wanted to post a message hoping everyone else is getting to stay inside someplace cool as we continue to break records in the temperature department. I'm beginning to believe there really is this thing called "global warming."

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Dude it's hot. couldn't sleep so I thought I would surf a bit.

What paint are you scraping?

Yeah, I did a little surfing myself last night at about 3AM and probably will again tonight. I have a new 12-week old kitty who really needs a OFF switch as well. Between the heat and that animal wanting play all night long, last night was maybe a 3-hour total sleep night. I'm seriously looking on-line right now for a portable AC unit (there are none to be found in town right now -- anywhere). We still have an entire month of August heat yet.

I'm scraping latex house paint. Apparently, before I bought the place, they must have pressure washed that end of the garage, caulked it, then painted it, while in the middle of winter -- so nothing could have dried out correctly. They replaced the roof in November a month before I bought the place as well, so there was an obvious scramble to repair things to try selling it.

Anyway, as the boards shrunk when things warmed up all the caulking failed. This last winter I was walking back there and saw what looked to be "blisters" that when pushed on they oozed water just like a real blister. So scrape, scrape the entire south and east sides of my house. Such fun in 100 degree weather! Even having to use a heat gun in a few places. Sigh...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"