Thread: Self adjusting brakes

Self adjusting brakes

Hi guys,

I'm finally getting around to some small projects on my bird. The first one is to replace my rear brake hardware (I put in all new drums and shoes awhile back but spring kits for non-adjusting brakes are not avail.) as I'm getting howling noises from my rear brakes when I turn at low speeds. I pulled my drums today and the old springs are getting soft.

I'd like to put self adjusting mechanisms in the 8 inch I have installed (from a '65 falcon wagon) Before I go searching, does anyone have a parts rearend or extra set of star wheels and other required parts or know where I can get a whole kit? I've thrown out so many adjusters over the years, and now I'm paying for it....Thanks!

T.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Check out this link to Falcon Enterprises:

http://www.falconparts.com/1963%2D19...DWARE+KIT.html

Is this what you need? I got most of the parts when I put in the 8" Maverick rearend last year. I'd like to also do my front brakes but maybe I can convert to front disks instead.

You also might check with a local brake shop. The one near me on Aurora sold me a few used parts and seemed to have bins of them.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks Kenny!

That's exactly what I'm looking for, although I have a V-8 rear and they do carry a kit for that as well. Now I just need to decide what other goodies to order with the kits....

T.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch