Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side and window trim remaoval

Never get down when it comes to a Falcon. This is going to be a great experience. So far everyone here has been great. Stella is being moved into a resting spot in the garage tonight or tomorrow so I can strip her down to include her engine. Hope she dont make me build a rotisserie to set her on, but hey I would be able to see her underside better and maybe give her a tummy tuck... Pi,tures to follow each step I take. Thanks for all the support so far.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Small Taps with a flat head screw driver and a soft removal tool was my secret, along with Al and Phil being here to help. We only bent one piece today AMAZING with as much trim as we had to remove. mainly the center of the windshield lower trim got a small crease in it from the removal. Also the fender trim removal stumped me after reading on how to remove it but to my surprise I had stumbled upon my driver fender which was replaced so the trim was screwed in good thing I waited awhile to finish it, all the other trim on the sides of the car was easy and only screwed in the front and rear the rest of it popped off easy from the top to the bottom using a plastic removal tool from Harbor Freight. If any one needs help Im will to help show or help the trim removal process.... Now time to polish it up LOL
    Last edited by Marion; February 24th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Meant to post here a while ago, but life is crazy and posting to the new site has become painfully slow (for me, anyway). Seems you are past the point of needing help, but thought I'd give a penny or two of mine to this thread.

I had my 65 grill reanodized a few years ago (not without significant issues with the company, who messed it up the first time) for about $500 and $100 for each headlight door. Yes, it's expensive, but I think it made a world of difference to what I could have done. Anodizing is supposed to help it keep the shine so you don't have to continually polish it. If only they'd have done it all in stainless.

The trim I see often mangled when being removed is the rain gutter. This one you peel away from the gutter from below. If you go slow and steady with a pair of channel-lock pliers, with the overhead jaw taped to prevent scratching, and the underside first-tooth of the lower jaw to catch the edge of the trim - you'll slowly walk the trim off the gutter. I've seen people use screw drivers and all sort of other tools to do this (names withheld to protect their identities ) and it required a lot of extra work to straighten all of that before polishing it.

Time and patience - and the right tools.

Keep on keeping on.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"