Thread: 1964 Side Trim

1964 Side Trim

Is there anyone that anodize the aluminum side trim or has anyone buff off the coating and clear coated the trim?????
    Michael

1964 Side Trim

I have stripped off the anodize from quite a few of the trim parts with oven cleaner. Then sanded and buffed the parts. The side trim parts are the easiest since there isn't much detail. Haven't powdercoated them since I want to wait and do them all together. I have the rear piece cleaned and painted and will do a final buff just before the clear powdercoat. I will let you know how they all look when complete. Here are the before and after pictures. (less clear)
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks great!

I didn't know they made clear powdercoat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFalcon View Post
    I have stripped off the anodize from quite a few of the trim parts with oven cleaner. Then sanded and buffed the parts. The side trim parts are the easiest since there isn't much detail. Haven't powdercoated them since I want to wait and do them all together. I have the rear piece cleaned and painted and will do a final buff just before the clear powdercoat. I will let you know how they all look when complete. Here are the before and after pictures. (less clear)
    Looks great I will give it a try on a extra piece but I will clear coat it
    Thanks
    Michael