Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Well, though Steve at Doghows Power Coating has hinted in a couple of his threads, he and I have been negotiating on the purchase of one of his Ranchero's for a couple months or so. But after we discussed the condition of one and his recent interest in parting with the yellow 63 Ranchero I went over there yesterday and gave the yellow 63 a thorough looking at.

Both cars have the typical floor rot and "under the bed access" rot, but the yellow car is at least a driver. The gray Ranchero has better doors than the yellow car and a few trim accessories in better shape too. So after a bit of discussion we came to a deal and I purchased both of them. I will drive the yellow one away as-is and part out the gray one at his house.

He's also got a well-hacked 61 wagon there he used to get parts for his sedan delivery, but it has a few good parts left on it too, which would be well worth getting off the car before it is hauled off to a crusher. So maybe we can make an early trip to Sequim - a few of us - early Spring and have a big parting-out party, I'll treat anyone who comes to a great feast somewhere.

So here's why they call me crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Dear crazy, congratulations. If I can swing it, I'll come with you. I can bring some rims for Steve to powder for me.
    Last edited by Jeff W; January 24th, 2011 at 08:57 AM.

I'll go! I'd like to see his set-up. And congrats on the new addition to your flock! I'd hate to see you run out of things to do!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

You were just saying at the meeting you needed to get busy with a project, no better way, no better time. I am up for an adventure as well if there's room.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Ok the cat is out of the bag now.... Anyone who wants to visit is more than welcome. My house is out in Diamond point and the shop is in Sequim. Only about 15 miles from house to shop. Be glad to give you all a tour when you are here.
    There are still some good parts on the wagon. All 4 doors are still there except for the small parts I took off for Jeff. Engine and 2 speed auto still in car. Any parts from that car are free if you pull them. The ranchero parts are all Rogers however...
    Hope to meet a bunch more of you soon. And then you can see my crappy work on the delivery up close... Steve...

Well, I took a drive to Burien yesterday and spent a couple hours with Mark who seems to always have a Falcon or two in some stage of assembly or disassembly.

I had just happened onto a CL ad where he was parting out a 65 4-door V8 car. A week earlier I picked up a new set of HD leaf springs, upper and lower control arms, new front springs, and perches, all in a pile of other parts a guy bought for his 65 wagon, and then sold the wagon before he used the parts. He had posted these parts for sale almost two years earlier here on the forum, and I replied, but never followed up due to chaos ruling my life at the time. So, on a whim, I thought I may as well do the entire V8 conversion while-I'm-at-it. (Dang, I hate those words).

Anyway, contacted Mark after seeing his ad and caught him at just the right time - he hadn't sold any of it yet. So I managed to get an 8" V8 rear-end with no signs of leakage, and the entire tight V8 front-end (drum-to-drum), and 4 "aftermarket" Summit rally-style wheels with brand-new (I mean zero miles) 14" tires... all of it for $400. Wheels are kind-of odd, but the tires were a smokin' deal. Maybe I can find some stock 14" 5-lug wheels around here. (hint-hint).

Also picked up a 65 driver side cowl vent that I hope to convert the door on the drivers side to the pull for air version. Woo-hoo!

Well, just sharing the joy....
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

On your mark; get set; GO.... You are not wasting any time on this are you?? And here I was hoping to have a sanding party next?? Let me know if you find any other dodads of the remaning parts cars and I will snag them. No plans to haul anything off yet. Keep finding little trinkets to keep...

Sanding party? That don't sound like a party. And besides - Larry likes to sand. An assembly party - that I could wear a cap to!

I will probably come out the 26th to get a few other bits and pieces I left. Probably have to drive out the pickup I suppose. We can yank the two-speed out if you think it's worth saving for anyone. I do want to at least cut the quarters off the other Ranchero.

I have to move the Ranchero into my garage when I do all this, which means I have to rent a garage for my wagon somewhere because it can't sit outside due to insurance. So I am collecting all the bits and pieces together now so I can just go at it. It will be a whirlwind. I don't want to have to pay $200 a month for a garage for too many months. If you know what I mean....
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"