Thread: Welcome from Ballard

Welcome from Ballard

I notice there have been about 10 new subscribers over the last week and we're nearing 50 total. Welcome to all. I thought I would introduce myself and invite anyone else to say hello...

I'm the current president of the club and live in the Ballard area. I work in Greenwood so I've got a short commute and drive my Falcon everyday. I'm currently working on rebuilding a cylinder head from a `83 Fairmont to install on my 200 six. I bought an adjustable rocker assembly to rebuild and I'll put on some larger stainless valves, get hardened seats, bronze guides, teflon seals, and lots of porting and polishing.

I've got a photo of my Falcon in the profile and in my sig so here's an engine shot. I really enjoy working on my six and doing what I can to get the most out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hey Kenny,

Wouldn't that head you're working on already have hardened seats? Or were you saying you'd be gaining them by going that direction. Would hate to have you pay to have something added you already had.

And you know, they make those double-heater hose holders to replace that pipe-strap hanger you now have. I've got one on my 67 pickup and they do a nice job holding the hose in place. I'm about to place an order for a bunch of parts from National Parts Depot -- and it's only a $4 item -- so I can get you one and save you the shipping if you want. I'm placing the order tomorrow (11-270), so let me know.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"