Thread: New From Oklahoma

New From Oklahoma

Looking for falcon forums to talk about this new obsession of mine. 1962 Four Door Falcon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome. Nice looking car - what's the story behind it?
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Just picked it up last week. Its a 62, Ming Green, with Turqouise and Gray interior. Runs pretty well, but the previous owner frankensteined windshield wiper fluid nozzels and aftermarket radio wiring into it that I will have to fix. My ultimate goal is a 302, C4 swap into it. I got a 302 long block from a buddy for free that his dad got in the late 70s for working on a car. Its a 68 Mexican block that just been sitting, since then. The c4 was free as well with the car, along with trans and engine mounts for the C4 and 302. I will be fixing the interior before anything else, while i build up the 302 and c4. 55 years has been hard on the cloth inserts of the bench seats.

New From Oklahoma

Good looking car. Keep us informed and updates. More Pics!! Thanks for sharing with us. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice looking fordor!
    How did you become interested in falcons?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    Nice looking fordor!
    How did you become interested in falcons?
    Always been a ford guy. My buddy had a 63 1/2 sprint a few years ago he never finished before selling, I really wanted to see it done. When this car came up for sale I was able to trade, and possibly lose some money on the deal,my 2002 steeda factory race car, that was not running but 95% complete and had been sitting in my garage untouched for 3 years. I wanted something I could drive on the road legally and put some time in with my kids outside of a drag strip. The round body falcons have always been cool to me, so I couldn't pass this one up.

Couple more.

Falcon Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Mwilliams96 View Post
    Looking for falcon forums to talk about this new obsession of mine. 1962 Four Door Falcon
    You have a beautiful car. Have fun with your new obsession.

I like how the ash tray for the back seat passengers is built into the front seat back rest.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; March 25th, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)