Thread: Bumper Chroming

Bumper Chroming

Can anyone suggest a place to have a Falcon bumper triple chromed? Also, any idea of the cost? At the All Ford Picnic (I can't remember who) mentioned having their bumper chromed and they were pretty happy with it.

Thanks
    Hal

Take it to Art Brass Plating. They do quality work. They charged me $350 for each of my bumpers.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I agree. Art Brass does great work (and usually pretty quick turnaround on bumpers) and the $350 is worth it if you can swing it. The triple plating really makes them last. My front bumper was ordered over the web and it was cheaper but...well...it was cheaper. I'm always waxing it to keep the rust spots away. I doubt it was triple plated. I never have to wax the rear bumper that Art Brass did.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hal,

Didn't realize we actually had another member this far south.
    I used Art Brass. Great work and fairly reasonable. There is also an outfit named Maranatha Plating in Puyallup that does chrome, anodize and powder. I have a grill there being powder coated. Can't vouch for those guys, so far I don't get any warm and fuzzies but hopefully the grill will be OK. It's sort of an experiment. If you want to see Art Brass's plating work up close take a ride over to Spanaway. Let me know I am around most of the time.

Jerry

Bumpers

I need chroming too but also some straightening. Is that included in the $350?

My guess is No it would not include straightening. Give them a call and ask they are at 206-767-4443

Jerry Kirby

Actually, it should include some straightening and it will look like it did when it came off the showroom.

If there's extreme damage to the metal they may charge extra. Just a guess because the cores I've brought down were all pretty straight but had lots of surface rust.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

My rear needed a lot of work and I wasn't charged any extra.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I found my invoice from Art Brass and they charged me $325 per bumper for my '65. That was about 1 1/2 years ago. The work was excellent and they did take out a dimple in the rear bumper. The chrome was rusted through in spots. All was included in the $325 per except tax.

Also I got my powder coated grille back from Maranatha Plating in Fredrickson ( I mentioned them in a previous post) It looks pretty good, they did a fair straightning job and replaced the old bent up mounting brackets with new ones. Total cost was $435. Less than 1/2 what chrome cost. Time will tell how the finish holds up. Like I said it is an experiment.

Jerry Kirby